Notice of Funding Availability
2017 Emergency Solutions Grant Application (ESG)
Applications for the 2017 ESG program are now available and due by May 05, 2017.
The expected amount is for the 2017 ESG is funding at 2016 levels of $1.5 million.
Announcements of ESG awards will not be made until 2017 ESG funding is made available to KHRC.
The Emergency Solutions Grants Program (ESG) is a federal block grant authorized by subtitle B of the McKinney Vento Homelessness Assistance Act and is administered by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. ESG amounts are to be used for services to homeless and near homeless individuals and families in these major categories:
- Renovation, major rehabilitation or conversion of buildings for use as emergency shelter facilities
- Payment of certain expenses related to operating emergency shelter facility
- Provision of essential services related to emergency shelters and street outreach for the homeless
- Provision of rapid re-housing assistance
- Development and implementation of homelessness prevention activities
For 2017, The ESG grant period will be for twelve (12) months, July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2018.
This application requires that you certify that if awarded a 2017 ESG grant, your agency and your sub-recipient agencies are in compliance with the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards at 2 CFR part 200.
To download the application please click here